Friday, March 9, 2012

bye bye thumb


While Luke was in the hospital we met with genetics and after they did many different tests they said it looked like his missing radius bone was not genetic. It was just a random thing. We were so happy it wasn't anything more serious. So he had is ulna bone and 4 fingers. He had no thumb bone just a flap of skin. The night we brought Luke home he was so cranky. I just didn't understand why. I was so worried we were going to have a very dramatic baby. It was a rough night until about 3 am I had to change his cloths. I saw his thumb skin was twisted and red and swollen! I was terrified. In the morning we took him back to Primarys. The blood flow had been cut off so they decided to just remove the skin. He did great, just cried when they gave him the local anaesthetic. I am actually glad it is gone, now I don't have to be so careful.

No comments: